I know, I know, it’s been a while since I’ve posted. Something about typing things all day long makes me not want to go home and type more. But, just for the sake of posting, here’s an update on what’s been on my mind:
- I need to make more excuses to get out of my apartment. Today I headed to the Commonplace Coffeehouse to work on a story and, even though I was working, it was the most relaxing thing I’ve done in a while. Between that, work and the gym, I was only home a few hours. That’s less time I have to plot ways to kill my neighbors. (just kidding.)
- I did a phone interview for my first official story at the paper today. It failed on two counts: one, I hate the phone. Two, it was with a seven year old who ended every sentence with “and stuff.” New York Times reporter coming your way? Maybe not.
- I’m running a 5K in June with my friend, Megan. I haven’t gone for a “real” run since I was in Cross Country in 9th grade. I’m looking forward to preparing for it. And looking forward to the outcome.
- Back to my job, it’s the coolest. My coworkers are hilarious, and writing about dead people all day is not quite as depressing as I thought it would be. That probably makes me a terrible human being. I’m okay with that.
- I miss Between the Trees. I’ll post an old favorite song of mine at the bottom of this post. Speaking of music, I need new bands to listen to. I haven’t even opened Spotify in a few weeks, which is super sad.
- Why haven’t I won the lottery yet?