I geek out about technology a little too much. These are a few of my favorite apps that I use on the regular:,
(Note: I only have Android devices. I’m not sure if these are available for iPhones/iPads.)
- Relax and Sleep – I’ve complained multiple times on this blog about my loud neighbors. This almost makes them
bearable. The app lets you customize a sound that will help you fall asleep. Appropriately, mine is a mix of an owl “hoo-ing” and a breeze. There are tons of noises to choose from, and a timer so that it doesn’t have to play all night long. If you have trouble falling asleep, I definitely recommend it.
- Next Issue – This allows you unlimited access to magazines for $10 a month. Through this app, I’m currently subscribed (but not quite) to eight or nine magazines. I get to read them on my tablet whenever I want, and don’t have to fork out a ridiculous amount of money for them all. Perfect.
- MyFitnessPal – I’ve used this for years, and it’s continually improving. Used for counting calories and exercise, this is the best fitness app I’ve found. It has a barcode scanner, too, so you don’t have to manually enter all of the foods you eat. Not overeating is way easier when you’re keeping track. At the end of the day, it also lets you know how much you should way if you continue your day like that.
- DailyHoroscope – One of these days I’ll stop obsessing over horoscopes. That’s probably not true. The fact is, horoscopes are freakishly real, whether you accept it or not.
- Google Calendar – Standard on most phones, yet still one of my favorites. I would have missed an appointment today if it were not for it’s reminding me an hour before hand. Thanks, Google. You da best.