What I’ve been doing this week instead of keeping up with my blog:
1. Enjoying my newly-purchased summer pool pass. I’d toyed with the idea of getting a
summer pass over and over and over throughout the beginning of the swimming season. Within 10 minutes of me being at the pool for the first time for the year, I made a decision: I needed a pass. Since then, I’ve been at the pool almost every day.
2. Having camp fires in my new backyard. The nights that it’s nice, two of my friends are over here equipped with chairs and s’mores, and we sit by the fire all night.
3. Reading. I just finished “The Pact” by Jodi Picoult. Again, Picoult has made be bawl my eyes out. “The Pact” is the story of two teenagers in love and a suicide pact gone wrong. If you’re looking for a light, happy, beach read for the summer, I don’t suggest this. But if you need a night full of kleenex and ice cream, go for it.
4. Trying new recipes. After a lengthy discussion about what everyone had made for the holiday weekend and what everyone was baking at work, I decided it was time to become a little more adventurous in the kitchen. This evening I made tomato-pesto chicken. Delish. On the list for this week: zucchini pizza and Mediterranean quinoa salad.
5. Relaxing. Weird, right? Now that I’m not working two jobs, only one, I have some free time to do the things I enjoy. I’ve been insanely busy for as long as I can remember, and it feels good to have some time to sit on the porch, enjoy a cup of coffee and feed my Pinterest addiction.
Moral of the story, I’ve spent the past few weeks just being happy.