Cold weather is on its way.
Today brought gloomy skies, bitter breezes and that crisp, fall-air smell that usually hits this time of year. The chilly weather brings with it the desire to curl up on the couch with a good book and a cup of coffee. That’s why a new book is the highlight of my current wishlist:
1. #GirlBoss, by Sophia Amoruso. I’m sure the book doesn’t need much description, since it’s been a hot topic among social networks lately.
In my quest for personal and professional growth, it seems like a good fit for my bookshelf. “Success is about trusting your instincts and following your gut, knowing which rules to follow and which to break,” the book’s description says.
2. I’m not letting the cold weather leave me stuck inside this year. Instead, I’m going to bundle up and suck it up, and continue to enjoy the world around me snow or shine. For this reason, I’m going to need a pair of hiking boots (my poor sneakers didn’t survive a trip through the muddy woods on Sunday).
Though I’m having trouble picking exactly the pair I’m looking for, Keen seems to offer shoes in the style that appeals most to me. I know I’ll need something with a little better tread than a running shoe to hit the trails in the damp fall weather this season.
3. Speaking of getting ready for the cold, scarf weather is officially here. The Northernly Etsy shop has cozy-looking, colorful scarves that I adore, and will definitely be ordering for the upcoming season.
My favorite is this cranberry-colored scarf.
4. I’ve been slowly but surely turning my rental house in to a home over the course of the past year, finally moving out the college-style decor and becoming a person that has taste that’s expressed through decorations. Next on my list is to replace a falling-apart spider lamp that I’ve had since middle school, now in my living room.
Etsy has a huge selction of handmade, unique lamps of all shapes and sizes that you can see here. I’m loving the rustic-style lamps the most.
5. Have you ever owned a pair of shoes that you just can’t stand the thought of losing? Well, I’ve had a pair of nude-colored flats for a few years now, and they’ve about hit their final stage of life.
The final item on my wishlist today is a new pair of nude flats. I haven’t found just the pair I’m looking for yet, but I know they’re out there, waiting to be purchased.